Pictured is publisher, Karleen Andresen, with the lovely and engaging Pat Priest “Marilyn Munster” from the 60s television series. Ms Priest shared her story of inspiration with about 40 other women and men; she has grace and humor in the same package. In summary, while she enjoyed her work on the television show, she was a woman dedicated to her family and did not engage in red carpet activities. In Hollywood, she made union wages of $750 per episode on the Munsters, did commercial work (it was the most money for the amount of time), and worked with Elvis in a movie called Easy Come, Easy Go. She shared that Elvis was an absolute gentleman, shy, was on time and ready to work every day, and never gave anyone a problem on the set. She inspired those in attendance to “…do what you want to do in life.” She is a living testament as she reinvented herself in later years becoming a viable entrepreneur first owning an antique store in Boise and then later selling Munster memorabilia and traveling the country and talking with fans who come to visit. When asked about what she loves about her work today, she said, “It’s learning about the lives that were influenced by the television show. Families counted watching the Munsters as fond and affectionate memories in earlier days. I love meeting all the fans.” She enjoys the beauty of Idaho and intends on staying. She resides in Eagle with her husband.
Sign up to receive e-notices (on the right side of this page)! Never know what contests will surface!
June 21, 2012
6:00p to 8:00p
2750 East Gala Street in Meridian
Remember: register below for a chance to win!
- The event is FREE
- You don’t need to register, but it helps with count
- Registering DOES put You in the drawing for a $125 promo pack from your Idaho Women’s Journal!!!
- You must be present to win.
- Free to bring a friend (you might want to register them as well – so they have a chance to win too)
- Food provided by My Fit Foods located at 3223 E Louise Dr Meridian, ID
- Light Dinner & Networking — 6:00pm – 6:30pm (passing out business cards, networking, refreshments, no displays because location too small)
- Meeting/Announcements/Speakers/ Drawings/Table Talk/Giveaways — 6:30pm – 8:00pm