Allergy Clean Up
Clean up the office. 50 million Americans suffer from allergies. No fun! A runny nose not only ruins the office karma, but it can ruin a hot date and a family activity. According to the Center for Disease Control, 1 out of 4 Americans suffer from Asthma/Allergies.
Suffers from allergies want to blame the environment or the boss. Things like pollen, sagebrush, animal dander, latex, and even the boss squawk isn’t the culprit. Most allergens are harmless. Allergens are not the cause of symptoms in themselves. It is the body’s immune system that over reacts to being exposed, and those reactions are annoying.
To grasp allergies, the immune system gets over taxed due to a deficiency or toxicity causing the body to overreact to allergens. Deficiencies can come from lack of movement in the spinal joints, eating junk food that robs your body of good nutrition, lack of a specific vitamin, lack of sunlight, ect. Toxicity can come from stress causing the “bad” hormone Cortisol to run rampant or eating foods that cause inflammation like sugar.
All of these deficiencies and toxicities cause the body’s immune system to go into overdrive. Overdrive creates reactions like sneezing or other symptoms. The body wants to get the allergen out! So sneezes, runny nose, watery eyes are all ways the body expels. This is why balancing the immune system is really the best defense against allergies/asthma.
The Journal of Pediatric, Maternal and Family Health did a case report and found evidence that chiropractic care can help balance the immune system functioning and relieve asthma symptoms as well as colds and allergies.
To make friends at the office, encourage getting cleaned up. It may be a heart-to-heart with the someone at work or getting square through a visit to your chiropractor.
In the meantime, here are tips to tolerate those symptoms:
- Dabble eucalyptus oil under the nose: This oil has powerful anti-inflammatory and decongesting properties! Repeat several times throughout the day for allergy symptom relief.
- Flush out the snot with a neti pot daily: This clears the sinuses so the infection can drain. You can find these at health food stores or pharmacies.
- When the nose is running, run away from anything that causes mucus: Sugar, dairy, pasta, breads cause the body to produce more snot and causes deficiency/toxicity.
- Squirt colloidal Silver nasal spray up the nose: Colloidal silver is a natural antibiotic and will help kill any kind of infection. For chronic sinus infection sufferers, spray 3x every morning regardless of symptoms.
- Get the spine aligned: Studies are proving chiropractic adjustments are powerful immune system builders and helps to decrease toxicity and deficiency.