In celebration of International Women’s Day happening Thursday, March 8, the IWJ found an interesting article on Yahoo!. The article covers the best and worst places to be a woman.
- For example, according to United Kingdom’s Independent magazine, South Sudan has less than 20 midwives to serve the entire country making the idea of baring children there a ‘worst than dirt’ concept.
- The literacy rate for women outrank men in Lesotho; you go ladies!
- Rwandan women dominate 56 percent of parliamentary seats.
- Thailand has the most female “top dogs” boasting 45 percent senior managers.
- Japanese women live longer than other countries including the U.S.
- And the overall best place to be a woman… (drum roll) Iceland!
I will quote from the article: Five of the top 10 highest paid female sporting athletes in 2011 were from the United States.
Please share your thoughts below.