Next time you’re wondering what kind of energy you are giving OR receiving, think about what is surrounding you….or the color you’re wearing:
- Red attracts the most attention over all the other colors but beware – it can make you look heavier. It’s not recommended for interviews or negotiations as which stimulates the breathing and causes a faster heartbeat.
- Orange is warm and cheerful and often functions as a peacemaker. Wearing orange shows an interest in other people but it can put sensitive people off approaching you as it is often an overpowering color.
- Yellow is seen as cheerful and sunny. It attracts attention and it speeds up the metabolism. It is considered an optimistic colour, but note that people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. Hotels very rarely decorate their bedrooms in this color as it does not promote restful sleep.
- Green is currently the most popular decorating color, and green symbolizes nature. It is the easiest color on the eye and causes people to relax. It can improve vision and is a calming, refreshing color.
- Blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, so is often used in hotel bedrooms. It is soothing and tranquil but can also be seen as cold and depressing. The color of the sky and the ocean, blue is one of the most popular colors.
- Purple is the color of royalty and denotes luxury, wealth, and sophistication and everyone can wear the color purple well.
- Pink is the most romantic color of all. It is tranquilizing and sports teams have been known to paint the opposing team’s locker room in pink which can cause people looking at it to feel tired.
- Brown is the color of earth and is seen as solid and reliable. Light brown implies genuineness while dark brown is seen as dependable. Brown can also be seen as sad and wistful.
- Black is the color of authority and power. It is popular in fashion because it makes people appear thinner. It is also stylish and timeless. Black outfits can also be overpowering. A manager/boss should choose something a little less aloof in order to be seen as ‘caring’. Hollywood movies often use black costumes to help you identify the villain.
- White is worn by brides in Western cultures to symbolize innocence and purity. White reflects light and is often considered a color only to wear during summer.