Another piece to the Fresh Start Month
How to have Healthy Hair for Starters
Want hair to shine like the sun, to accentuate a great sense of style and natural beauty? Hold on, we are about to find out. Dr Yvonne Fedewa, aka “Dr Yvonne” is about to tell you the formula for full-bodied hair.
The truth is, hair loss is normal. Women lose between 50 and 150 strains a day! With these numbers, knowing how the enemy works is the best defense to maintaining healthy hair. Our hormones play a huge part in hair growth…or loss. If you are a mommy, hair isn’t as full while you were pregnant or the way it used to be after birthing the cherub. This is an example of how hormones play a role in our hair growth.
Most of the time hair loss is associated with an imbalance of estrogen and testosterone. This imbalance can come from high stress, poor posture, diets lacking essential nutrients, lack of regular exercise and/or exposure to environmental toxins.
To combat these pesky good-hair day destroyers eat foods loaded with nutrients that promote heathy hair. Foods like coconut, blueberries, eggs, protein powder, nuts, apple cider vinegar, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, celery, and bell peppers are all hair warriors. To add another layer of defense, avoid processed foods that lead to inflammation and eventually to dull dead hair.
- Remove sugars, pasteurized dairy, & processed foods from diet.
- Make a shake with coconut milk, berries, and an easily absorbable complete protein such as raw organic eggs, non-denatured grass-fed whey protein, brown rice, or hemp protein.
- Soak grains, legumes, & nuts in clean water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for 8 hours before eating to help with digestion.
- Do not eat egg whites without the yolk. Eat the whole egg together so as to maintain healthy biotin absorption.
- Eat zinc rich foods such as pumpkin seeds, eggs, & sunflower seeds.
- Eat silica rich foods such as cucumbers, celery, bell peppers, and sprouts daily.
Dr Yvonne Fedewa is a chiropractor and owner of Essential Life Boise. She is also such a believer of women in business, she is one of the 2012 Who’s Who of Idaho Women page sponsors in the IWJ magazine.
photos: collected from Pinterest. Click on the photo for the direct link.